Nepal’s oldest and largest university, Tribhuvan University (TU) has published its academic calendar for this year, encompassing the schedule for admissions, studies, examinations, and results for enrolled students. This move comes after years of irregularities and delays in the academic processes, particularly since the 2062/2063 agitation.
Key Highlights of the Academic Calendar
- Bachelor and Master Schedules: The calendar details the annual and semester systems for Bachelor levels and the semester system for Master studies.
- Examination Timelines: For current first-year Bachelor students, exams are scheduled for the second week of Bhadra 2081. First-semester exams for the semester system will commence in Jestha 2081, while Master level first-semester exams are set for Ashad 2081.
- Graduation Timelines: If followed as per the schedule, students currently in their first year are expected to have their fourth-year exams in the second week of Baisakh 2084.
Addressing Past Challenges
TU has faced criticism for its non-regular academic calendar, leading to extended durations for completing programs. Four-year Bachelor courses often extended to five or six years. However, the Examination Control Office claims that staffing shortages have been a significant hindrance.
New Commitments and Expectations
- Staff Augmentation: Pushparaj Joshi, Controller of Examinations at TU, highlighted the staffing issues, noting that out of 244 sanctioned positions, only 123 are currently filled. A commitment has been made by the university’s leadership to add 15 more staff members.
- Improved Regularity and Efficiency: With these new measures, the university administration aims to ensure the regularity of the academic calendar and alleviate student inconveniences.
Availability of Information
The academic calendar, especially for programs with varying admission and examination schedules, can be accessed on the websites of the respective Dean’s offices.
The publication of the academic calendar marks a significant step by Tribhuvan University towards enhancing its academic administration and responding to long-standing criticisms. This initiative is expected to streamline the academic journey for thousands of students, restoring efficiency and predictability to their educational experiences.
This Content is taken from collegenp.